The purpose of the Midland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is to unite Midland businesses and professionals under one organization, directed by the leadership and guidance of an elected policymaking Board of Directors. These individuals will work towards a common goal to bring prosperity and pride to the members of the organization and to the community at large.
To promote the growth and prosperity of small businesses and the comunity.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
- Promote procurement opportunities for disadvantaged businesses.
- Market Midland as a visitor destination.
- Promote distressed area revitalization through beautification, affordable housing and business microlending.
- Increase the quality of life by promoting higher education
- and community and workplace diversity.
- To serve as a focal point for information and awareness
- pertaining to business and civic related issues, job leads, etc.
- To promote and develop leadership within the membership
- and recognize outstanding achievements in community and civic affairs.
- MHCC Educational & Development Foundation (501-C-3)
- Lamesa Road Realignment Project (East Side Task Force)
- Revolving Loan Fund (RLF)
- Founded Midland Community Development Corporation
- Founded Midland Assoc. for Bilingual Education
- HUD 202 Project – “Parker Place” Elderly Housing
- Unity Park “In Memory of Oralia Corrales”
- Reyes-Sanchez World War II Memorial Park
- Established Midland Community Development Corporation
The Midland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce was founded in October of 1984 by a group of local businesspersons and professionals who felt there was a need to form an organization that would cater to the Hispanic businesses in the community.
Our vision of uniting the Hispanic businesses and professionals under one umbrella - following the leadership and guidance of an elected policy-making Board of Directors, and working towards a common goal, will bring prosperity and pride not only to our members, but also to the community.
If you or your business would like to become a member of the Midland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, download the Membership Application.