Small Business of the Month Micro Grant Program
The Midland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with our Sponsors, is excited to offer the 2023 Small Business of the Month Micro Grant Program to our members.
One winner each month will be selected as the MHCC Small Business of the Month and will receive recognition as such, an award to display, and a grant of up to $1000.
Awards may be used for, but not limited to:
- Marketing materials (signs, banners, brochures, mailers, etc.)
- IT equipment, software and supplies
- Website (redesign and/or upgrade, etc.)
- Staff training and development
- Point of sale, security, A/V equipment
If selected, your reimbursement can be applied for purchases made after the date you were notified of the award. We strongly encourage any winners to use spend the award monies with other Midland Hispanic Chamber members.
The application process:
- Applications will be accepted monthly by the THIRD FRIDAY of each month
- Applications will be reviewed by the MHCC Economic Development committee and appointees from sponsor organization(s)
- Applications not chosen will be kept for consideration for up to 6 months.
Criteria considered for selection:
- Are applicants members of the Midland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce?
- Are applicants active with the Chamber?
- Have applicants been in business for at least 6 months at the time of application?
- Do applicants employ less than 50 full-time employees?
- Do applicants have less than $5 million in revenue in the previous fiscal year?
- What is the intended use for the grant money?
- Is the applicant a for-profit business or a non-profit business?
- Winners are only eligible for the award once every two years. (If chosen in 2023, cannot apply in 2024)
- Winners cannot use award for purchases made before award notification